Friday, May 2, 2014

Today's Work Station: The Boston Public Library

I love writing in coffee shops, or trying to write in coffee shops, but it can get old and expensive fast. That's one of the reasons I love the library; it's free and I don't have to buy anything to sit there for hours. Plus, it's quiet and surrounded by inspiring books. It's the ideal place to write. I'm always amazed by how beautiful these steps are when I walk up them to head to Bates Hall.

Of course, it's a little more restricted than working in a coffee shop—I can't coffee or food with me and I get nervous for no reason whenever the security guards walks through the tables. But I find it easier to sit longer at the library and there's a sense of solidarity with all the other people working around me. You also have to avoid getting in the shot when tourists walk through to take photos but no big deal!

This was my view while working. 

The library will definitely return to the library to work. It's a nice walk to Boylston to Dartmouth and it's not too far from where we're living. I haven't explored too many other rooms there but I hope to one day have afternoon tea in their courtyard, it looks beautiful!

No comments :

Post a Comment