Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Sun Through The Shades

It's a beautiful morning in Boston. And after days of rain and wind, the early morning sun pouring into the apartment is the most welcome sight. Three days a week, I get up before the sun with AJ so we can have breakfast together. The coffee is prepped the night before so all I have to do is push a button when I'm still groggy at 5:30 am and I usually put out bowls of cereal because it's faster than sunny side up eggs. But I love getting up early. I love having that little time with AJ before he leaves for a long day of work. We'll watch the news and talk quite a bit for it being so early—we had a lot to talk about this morning regarding the finale of HIMYM. 

One of the things that I love the most about this apartment, despite the view of the Common and the location, is the eastern exposure. On days like this one, the sun fills the entire place. You can't hide from it, every window is facing the morning light. It's such a treat and such a wonderful way to start the day.   
I love mornings. I'm the most productive in the morning and I'm the most inspired to write in the hours before 11 and the light that illuminates around me only makes it better. 

So, after 3 or 4 days of dreary weather, cheers to a beautiful day, the first day of April and hopefully the start to it actually feeling like Spring. Get outside, soak in this sun, and drink an iced coffee just to celebrate.  

No comments :

Post a Comment