Friday, August 8, 2014

A Concert And What's On Tap For The Weekend


This photo has nothing to do with the post, but it's pretty and it's a good image to start the weekend with!


Last night, AJ and I made the trip out to Hartford to see his favorite band, Kings of Leon, in concert. We had tickets to see them live back in 2011, but they cancelled the show a few weeks before so it's been a long time coming! We had lawn tickets, meaning we were sitting outside on a big hill and looking down at the concert. It was a beautiful evening and we had a beach towel in the car so it was the perfect set up but about 30 minutes before show time, a man that worked at the venue started passing out stadium tickets to everyone so we got even better and much closer seats inside for free!!
The drive there was good, the drive back was not fun. It was after 1 am and trying to keep myself awake and focused was a challenge!



It's almost 9 am and I just saw AJ off on his own adventure for the day—I'll talk about that more later, though.

This weekend I am going to Manhattan to stay with my sister, Marina. It started out as just us but now a bunch of her girlfriends will be joining us, too!

Our plans for a weekend in the city, so far, include:

Exploring the Morgan Library and Museum, something Marina and I have wanted to check out for a while

Browsing the shelves at The Strand. So. Many. Books!

A late dinner at Tuttles once everyone arrives in NYC

Visiting the New Museum of Contemporary Art

Walking The High Line

Saturday night dinner at Bottino

And hopefully, bagels at some point

Of, course, some plans will change and some activities may be added but I'm just excited to spend some quality sister time with Marina before I move to Boston soon! Needless to say, it will be a fun, packed weekend and I am looking forward to it.

What do you have planned for this beautiful weekend?




No comments :

Post a Comment