Saturday, June 7, 2014

In Chatham

We made it to the Cape! Pre Cana class was awesome and so important, plus our wonderful group leaders decided to power through the scheduled class breaks and lunch break so that we could be done early because the weather today is wonderful up and down the coast. We were out of class by 12:50 and cruising down 95 by 1. 

AJ drove the first leg of the trip while I ate my Trader Joe's salad and we shared trail mix. We hit just a few spots of traffic around New Haven but the rest of the trip went fast and I took over driving the last hour. We got here just before 4:30. I was so happy when we got on route 6 and took the exit to Chatham. As soon as we turned off Main Street we rolled the windows down to feel the sweet, salty sea breeze. 

My godmother and grandpa had just arrived at the house so we all unpacked. Then AJ and I took a quick walk to the beach across the street, Hardings Beach, to snap some photos. 

For dinner, AJ, my godmother, and I went to one of our favorite restaurants, Pate's, and we all had seafood because it's the Cape. We did some grocery shopping for the house and now we are happily sitting in the living room, sipping wine and anticipating the gorgeous day we will have tomorrow! 

AJ and I plan to go to mass in the morning and to spend the rest of the day relaxing in the sun. I'll be sure to share photos! 


No comments :

Post a Comment